Now Accepting Letters of Intent for the "Healing, Leading, Changing" Grant Initiative
Building on a decade of work to advance the field of childhood trauma, Bright Promises launched the Healing, Leading, Changing initiative to provide community organizations with funding and support for organizations addressing childhood trauma caused by racism.
The purpose of this initiative is to increase and improve the capacity of youth-serving organizations to address youth trauma caused by racism. As part of this initiative Bright Promises is also facilitating city-spanning Youth Council, a network of teens and young adults involved in youth-centered, healing programs supported supported through the Healing, Leading, Changing initiative.
To apply, please read the 2024 Guidelines for full program and eligibility details. If eligible, please complete the Letter of Intent Form by February 23 at 5:00pm CST.
Organizations selected to submit full proposals will be notified by March 8. If invited, full proposals are due April 19.
Apply with our New Online System
Bright Promises is now accepting all LOIs, proposals, and reports through our online grant system. This new platform will streamline the application process and hopefully reduce the time required to apply.
New features include:
- Collaborate with multiple people on one application form
- Auto-populate answers from your Candid profile
- Translate the application form using the Google integration
How to Apply
- Click the button below to access the Logon Page.
- Click Create New Account. (Note: all applicants will need to create a new account)
- You will be asked to complete registration information for yourself and your organization. After filling out all the information, click Create Account.
- The next page asks you to verify that you received your confirmation email. This helps ensure that you will receive other communications about your application. Click Continue.
- Click Apply to reach the Apply page which lists the available grant opportunities and details about each.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, this applicant tutorial page is a great resource.
Email Program Officer Tiffany McQueen Lewis at email@example.com or call 312-704-8260.
Blog cover image provided by Healing, Leading, Changing grantee partner Gads Hill Center.