Empowering youth begins with one gift, yours.
The youth of Chicago have a voice, and through our collective vision, support and hard work, WE have the opportunity to elevate those voices! Two weeks remain for you to make your gift to the Elevating Youth Voices crowdfunding campaign. Donate before September 29; every gift helps bring us closer to our goal!
The Elevating Youth Voices crowdfunding campaign supports local Chicago youth leaders who have taken action to address an issue in their community. These youth leaders have great ideas, a strong voice, and they are committed to working hard to make their communities stronger and safer. But they cannot do it alone.
These deserving youth leaders need your help! Your gift to the Elevating Your Voices crowdfunding campaign will go directly to helping youth from five organizations who have demonstrated outstanding impact and potential.
With just one donation to the Elevating Youth Voices crowdfunding campaign...
- You can help Arab American youth combat the negative impact of racial profiling.
- You can help low-income youth from Belmont-Cragin have access to safe transportation to and from school, after-school programs, and home.
- You can help youth struggling with mental health issues create podcasts and videos for other youth about how to cope with mental illness in healthy ways.
- You can help formerly court-involved youth lead empathy workshops with new Chicago Police Department recruits.
- You can help Latinx youth entrepreneurs from Pilsen launch their own photo booth business to support teen programs at the National Museum of Mexican Art.
... All at the same time! You only have to give once to make a difference in the lives of all of these youth leaders. When we come together, each of our small actions has a big collective impact that can change lives!
A $10 donation to the Elevating Youth Voices crowdfunding campaign provides a CTA pass to one youth leader from a low-income household in Belmont Cragin, ensuring they can travel safely as they lead projects to improve their community. A $50 donation provides media equipment for youth leaders to capture the personal stories of youth coping with mental health issues, and to create videos to share information about mental health resources. A $375 donation helps provide training to new Chicago Police Department recruits led by formerly court-involved youth in order to break down negative sterotypes about youth and reduce violent interactions between police and youth in high crime neighborhoods.
Our mission to make sure Chicago Youth Voices are ELEVATED and heard doesn’t have to stop there….YOU can help get the Elevating Youth Voices initiative across the finish line! By providing a gift of any size you will help bring us closer to our goal, and the more people who give, the more we can show our youth that we believe in them and support them!